We conquer some virtual humanoid rats in Warhammer: The End Times – Vermintide.
Developer: Fatshark AB | Publisher: Fatshark AB | Release Date: October 23, 2015
Jacob, Mike, Moe and special guest Kevin Reaburn talk about Swedish video game developers, dopamine loops, crowd control and rolling dice. “Let me sell you some Vermintide, son.” Our February episodes are Hotline Miami (February 7th) and ZombiU/Zombi (February 21st)!
You can now e-mail us your questions! Send questions about past episodes or questions about us to email@example.com!
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt), Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Special Guest: Kevin Reaburn
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 1:10 Introducing our guest, Kevin Reaburn
- 2:20 What does Warhammer: The End Times – Vermintide mean?
- 3:00 The story of Fatshark
- 4:45 Licensing in video games 101
- 5:30 Our experience with other Warhammer games (correction: the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series is developed by Relic and published by Sega)
- 6:50 How did we play the game?
- 8:30 This game is Left 4 Dead, yo.
- 10:10 The game’s story
- 13:20 The inn and drinking the beer
- 14:00 Our first big take-home in 3… 2… 1…
- 14:35 Kevin, Jacob and Mike talk about their guide
- 15:10 We give you an introduction to the characters/classes/weapons
- 19:45 Mike’s devious Kevin secret is revealed
- 20:28 “Zero Dark Mike” aka when Kevin and Jacob screwed up
- 21:25 Jacob explains Ranald’s Bones
- 23:25 Mike, Jacob and Kevin thank our Vermintide guide, who restored our faith in humanity
- 25:00 A breakdown of the enemy types
- 27:22 The AI’s helpful cues and quips (ft. some helpful radio salesmen)
- 29:38 The voice acting
- 30:48 Subtitles and the PC centric UI (ft. Dead Rising)
- 32:15 An aside about PC matchmaking
- 33:25 Autodesk Stingray, Unreal and Unity
- 35:00 Jacob hated this game at first
- 37:15 Kevin chimes in
- 38:40 “The game is in the rotation”
- 40:50 We continue to talk through the enemy types
- 46:25 The game’s weapon system, the Forge and the Shrine of Solace
- 50:05 The game’s DLC and level structure
- 50:45 Warhammer: Vermintide 2
- 51:35 Level design in the game
- 57:00 Mike was dragging our party along… Jacob needed better weapons
- 58:10 The game’s graphics
- 58:45 Jacob brings it back to Dead Island
- 59:15 The satisfaction (and the sound) of a “clean cut”
- 1:00:50 End of level stats breakdowns
- 1:01:45 “The butt pat” and hanging out with friends
- 1:03:20 Jacob, Mike and Kevin’s epic save and Olesya’s Coach
- 1:05:00 Closing thoughts
- 1:05:30 Jacob brings it back to “The Rock” and Jumanji