We escape from prison co-op style in A Way Out.
Developer: Hazelight Studios | Publisher: Electronic Arts | Initial Release: March 23, 2018
Jacob, Mike, Moe and special guest Kevin Reaburn bond in pairs, play the mini-games for way too long and Jacob exerts his need for control with a middling result.
Special Guests: Kevin Reaburn (@ATribeCalledKev)
- 2:40 Our Fast Pitch for A Way Out
- 3:40 Our personal histories with A Way Out, Josef Fares and Hazelight
- 6:10 How did we play A Way Out?
- 8:15 We shared our character choices
- 11:30 Let’s break out of prison!
- 15:00 We broke out of prison to fish (a discussion about mini-games)
- 19:45 Let’s talk about the major story beats?
- 26:05 Masterful co-op direction
- 29:55 Leo’s Way or Vincent’s Way?
- 31:40 Some of our other highlights
- 39:35 We set up Harvey and the “twist”
- 44:05 A Way Out: Showdown
- 46:05 Our endings
- 47:35 The graphic/sound did their job
- 48:40 The recommendation machine
- 52:30 Questions from @CtrlAltNoob & @LukeWarmLewis
- 59:50 Our final thoughts
- September 9, 2020 – Kentucky Route Zero (Act V) feat. Jacob, Mike and special guest Adam Iannetta
- September 16, 2020 – Our 100th Anniversary Spectacular feat. Jacob, Mike and Moe
- September 23, 2020 – Kentucky Route Zero (Death of a Hired Man) feat. Jacob, Mike and special guest Adam Iannetta
LEAVE US A VOICEMAIL: If you want a chance to get your voice on the show, give us a call at (734) 489-9753 and tell us what you think about one of this month’s games! This is a U.S. number, long-distance charges apply for international callers.
DISCORD: The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast with a focus on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server!
TIP JAR: If you’re feeling generous and love the show, we have a PayPal tip jar! Any funds raised will go towards hosting our site and paying for games and equipment as we look to bring you higher quality content every month.