We explore our darkest dreams in To The Moon.
Developer: Freebird Games | Publisher: Freebird Games, X.D. Network Inc. | Release Date: November 1, 2011
Jacob, Moe and Mike travel in time, play for River and sit together in a movie theatre. Oh yeah… and Jacob cries. “I am a soft boy and I cried my eyes out.” Our last episode of 2017 launches on December 27th and we are playing Virginia.
You can now e-mail us your questions! Send questions about past episodes or questions about us to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt), Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 1:59 Moe tries to explain To The Moon
- 3:50 “Moe’s gonna hate this”
- 4:47 Mike tries to explain To The Moon
- 5:52 How did we play the game?
- 6:40 What was you first impression?
- 9:32 The “Dragon Ball Z” moment
- 11:30 The game’s written dialogue
- 13:22 The “puzzle”
- 14:45 Entering the first memory
- 15:20 The first mention of the music
- 17:00 Character movement (aka the controls)
- 19:25 The next few memories (up to “take care of Anya”)
- 23:05 Did Moe think that River was a serial killer?
- 24:43 The “movie theatre scene”
- 25:45 The “NASA pitch”
- 27:42 Comparing To The Moon to Dragon Ball Z again
- 29:25 The “lighthouse dance”
- 31:07 The issue with Johnny’s memory
- 33:58 A mother’s mistake
- 36:00 We go to the carnival and compare whack-a-mole scores
- 36:43 Star-gazing
- 37:50 “Can you see the constellation?”
- 39:24 Emotional. Devastation.
- 42:42 How are we going alter his memory?
- 44:18 Rosalene vs. Watts
- 47:20 Moe gets to shoot things
- 48:42 Comparing To The Moon to romantic comedies
- 51:35 The final sequence
- 53:23 Jacob loses it… and then comes back
- 54:25 The after-credits scene
- 55:55 To The Moon 2: Finding Paradise + closing thoughts