We explore people’s minds in Psychonauts.
Developer: Double Fine Productions & Budcat Creations | Publisher: Majesco Entertainment, THQ, Double Fine Productions, Inc., The Adventure Company, EuroVideo Medien GmbH & iam8bit | Initial Release: April 19, 2005
Jacob, Mike, Moe and special guest CtrlAltNoob, take a trip and visit a psychic summer camp, make friends with a really weird fish and find brains. Also, we are not the Milk Man.
- 1:35 A short introduction to CtrlAltNoob
- 2:40 Our fast pitch about Psychonauts
- 3:35 Our personal histories with Psychonauts
- 7:30 How did we play (and our struggles with PS2/XB emulation)
- 10:30 What kind of game is Psychonauts? We compare it to Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Voodoo Vince and more.
- 12:50 What is the premise of Psychonauts?
- 16:35 The game had a bit of a slow start
- 22:00 Let’s talk about the collectables and powers in the game!
- 26:20 The game’s great characters and the Saturday morning nostalgia
- 30:20 Whippin’ doors on people’s foreheads… let’s talk about our favourite levels !
- 39:15 The main menu and save files in the game
- 46:05 We walk through the final two levels and how we get there
- 50:10 The in-game hint system and do we need lives anymore in 2020?
- 54:20 The game’s art style did such a great job at compensating for the lack of fidelity (and reminded us of Jimmy Neutron)
- 57:10 The Recommendation Machine
- 1:00:20 Question from Blake @LudonarrativeFM: “If each of your minds were turned into a Psychonauts level, what would they play/look like?”
- 1:03:50 Question from Katie @lesperak: “Is there anything in particular (mechanic/storyline/recurring character or expansion of some element of the game) that you want to see in the sequel?
- 1:06:00 Our final thoughts on Psychonauts and wrap-up!
- November 4th: Telltale’s The Walking Dead (S01E01) ft. Jacob, Moe and special guest Cam Hawkins
- November 18th: Pokemon Snap ft. Jacob, Moe and special guests Joseph Hooper and Arsene Lakpa
- December 2nd: Telltale’s The Walking Dead (S01E02) ft. Jacob, Moe and special guest Cam Hawkins
LEAVE US A VOICEMAIL: If you want a chance to get your voice on the show, give us a call at (734) 489-9753 and tell us what you think about one of this month’s games! This is a U.S. number, long-distance charges apply for international callers.
DISCORD: The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast with a focus on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server!
TIP JAR: If you’re feeling generous and love the show, we have a PayPal tip jar! Any funds raised will go towards hosting our site and paying for games and equipment as we look to bring you higher quality content every month.