We run through the forest and think about our relationships thanks to The First Tree. #heroesneverdie
Developer: David Wehle | Publisher: David Wehle | Release Date: September 14, 2017
Jacob and Travis mourned our losses, chased butterflies and dug up some memories. Also, Moe also ranted. Boy, did he rant.
The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast with a focus on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage!
If you liked the show, consider giving us a review on iTunes!
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt) & Travis Colenutt (@TravisColenutt)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:00 What is The First Tree?
- 2:50 A warning about this podcast (we spoil everything)
- 3:35 The setup of The First Tree
- 5:40 How did we play? What did we know about The First Tree before we started playing (we referenced lists like Vulture’s The 21 Best Video Games You Can Finish in 6 Hours or Less and Polygon’s 14 new games you can complete in a weekend)
- 6:35 This game is about much more than we thought
- 10:15 Trains vs. Tanks
- 11:00 Was there a story from the game that stuck with us?
- 12:45 Another ASMR game?
- 15:40 Some of the mechanics in the game
- 21:00 An antagonist and a revelation
- 25:10 Comparing this game to Journey, ABZÛ and Gone Home
- 27:15 The final of the game’s three sections
- 27:50 Joseph has a bad Dad and we tell you why (and Jacob talks about his Dad)
- 31:00 The first ending sequence: The First Tree
- 33:05 A message and we enter the “Soft Boi Zone”
- 38:45 The second ending sequence: Six Months Later
- 42:50 “Heroes Never Die, Godspeed.”
- 45:15 The game’s great music and technical challenges
- 47:10 Moe’s rant and our final thoughts
- Wolfenstein: The New Order – December 4th ft. Mike Ruffolo, Moe Murtadi & Kevin Reaburn
- Detroit: Become Human – January 1st ft. Jacob McCourt, Travis Colenutt & Katie Lesperance
- Plus… surprises?