What do the voices in your head sound like?
Developer: Ninja Theory | Publisher: Ninja Theory | Release Date: August 8, 2017
Jacob and Mike take a dive into psychosis as they recount their experience with runes and Norse mythology.
Join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage! If you love the show, please consider a review on iTunes. It helps a lot.
Players: Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:00 What did we know about Hellblade coming into this?
- 4:49 How did we play Hellblade?
- 6:25 Hellblade is just puzzle solving and combat, right?
- 8:00 Solving puzzles wasn’t rewarding
- 9:05 Astaroth from Soul Calibur makes an appearance
- 10:00 Jacob really enjoyed the combat and Mike is surprised
- 11:45 How difficult did we find it?
- 13:20 If this was longer, we would have needed more variation in gameplay
- 14:30 What are the stakes in the game?
- 15:20 If you die, your save gets lost?!
- 16:39 There’s a documentary in the game that we watched after playing
- 17:40 Psychopathy vs Psychosis
- 18:00 Jacob loved the sound design and acting
- 18:36 Ninja Theory used video of actors acting in the game, instead of models
- 20:25 Senua’s actress was great
- 21:00 Wait, so what was the story the game tells?
- 23:15 Jacob loved the trials at the tree, and Mike hates the Blindness trial
- 25:20 Mike lays out the reasons it didn’t connect with him
- 26:00 Jacob makes a good attempt at explaining it
- 27:20 The Darkness and the different boss battles
- 29:30 Road to Helheim, Hela and the final boss battle
- 32:00 Hellblade went right over Mike’s head, but thankfully Jacob gets it
- 34:05 There are things this game has done that no other has attempted
- 37:47 Jacob wouldn’t recommend it to everyone but would recommend it
- 38:40 Closing thoughts
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More