We activate our Eikon Abilities with Final Fantasy XVI.
Developer: Square Enix Creative Business Unit III | Publisher: Square Enix | Initial Release: June 22, 2023
Jacob, Katie, Flora and special guest Dave Jackson wait for our cooldowns, appreciate Torgal and go get five piles of dirt.
- 0:00 Start
- 1:20 Intro to Dave Jackson
- 4:30 The Gauntlet
- 9:20 The Fast Pitch
- 10:55 Our Personal Histories with Final Fantasy
- 13:45 How is FF16 Different than Other Numbered Games?
- 15:25 The Game’s Demo
- 17:00 Setup of the World
- 24:00 Spoiler for the First Five Hours
- 25:40 Intro to Eikon Battles
- 30:30 Intro to Combat
- 38:30 “Is This a Bad Game?”
- 45:10 Sidequests
- 50:20 Full Spoiler Warning
- 51:00 Ambrosia Sidequest
- 54:00 Torgal Sidequest
- 57:30 Tentpole Story Moments
- 1:03:45 World Building Lessons from George R.R. Martin
- 1:07:00 Dave Brings In FromSoftware
- 1:10:45 Outro
- Tales from the Backlog – Final Fantasy XVI
- ‘Final Fantasy XVI’ Has An Identity Crisis By Flora Merigold via Epilogue Gaming
- Tales from the Backlog – The Last of Us (Part 2) ft. Flora
- Tales from the Backlog – Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance ft. Jacob
DISCORD: The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast focusing on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server!