We trade military-grade bullets for weapons, wipe off our gas masks and shoot mutated birds and bears in Metro 2033.
Developer: 4A Games | Publisher: THQ | Release Date: March 16, 2010
Jacob, Moe and special guest Josh Wilson become Rangers and go above ground, get attached to characters only have to them die and really miss the way that Mike ends our show.
You can now join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage!
The remaining two games for May 2018 are: The Witness (May 16) and Star Wars: Republic Commando (May 30).
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt) and Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Special Guest: Josh Wilson
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:20 OG Metro 2033 vs. Metro 2033 Redux
- 3:45 What is Metro 2033 all about?
- 7:35 The start of Metro 2033
- 11:40 We compare Metro 2033 to other games (and Street Sharks)
- 13:55 The different non-human enemy types
- 18:00 The difficulty settings
- 20:50 The game’s use of stealth
- 21:40 Metro 2033’s weapons and using Cheat Engine
- 26:40 Metro 2033’s UI, controls (for both the OG and Redux versions) and tools (like the night vision, battery charger)
- 31:45 We geek out about respirators and masks
- 36:30 Dropping the bomb and using military grade bullets
- 37:55 The compass
- 39:50 Jacob played both versions…
- 41:25 The little boy Sasha and good video game kids
- 45:05 Did you know that Metro 2033 has a morality system?
- 48:35 Weapon customization
- 50:15 The emergency message was on a cassette tape?
- 52:00 The ending sequence of the game
- 56:00 An Xbox One ending glitch!
- 56:50 Our final thoughts about Metro 2033 and Jacob’s ideal version of Metro 2033
- 1:03:10 We give three alternatives to Metro 2033