Chris Wade is an Austin-based game designer, programmer and 3D artist who just released his first title: Sausage Sports Club for Switch and PC on July 19th, 2018. Over the past few years, Chris has been developing Sausage Sports Club and working on titles such as Vacation Simulator, Battle Chef Brigade, Manifold Garden and Mortal Kombat X.
Sausage Sports Club is a physics game about floppy animals playing sports and is available now on Nintendo Switch and PC. To find out more, you can go to sausagesports.club or check out the game on Twitter.
Dev Chats is a semi-regular series within the Left Behind Game Club podcast feed featuring people from the video game industry, their stories and their games.
Player: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt)
Guest: Chris Wade (@chriswade__)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
- 0:45 “When did you know that you wanted to make games?”
- 2:00 Game jams in college
- 3:20 What is a game jam?
- 4:45 Train Jam and PSHNGGG
- 6:30 The difficulties of developing a game on a train
- 8:25 Working as a contractor in Chicago at the Indie City Co-op
- 9:45 Working on Battle Chef Brigade and Manifold Garden
- 13:25 Learning BizDev and launching a game on Kickstarter
- 16:50 What surprised Chris most about the business
- 18:40 Working with Nintendo and the Nindies Program
- 19:40 Dealing with feature creep and adding a single-player mode
- 24:20 The release of Sausage Sports Club and moving to Austin to work at Owlchemy Labs
- 25:50 Advice for a younger Chris
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More