We jump into robotic armour as KiKi the Cat in Gato Roboto.
Developer: doinksoft | Publisher: Devolver Digital | Initial Release Date: May 30, 2019
Jacob, Moe (or Meow as he would like to be called from now on) and special guests Joseph Hooper and Arsene Lakpa from the Player Player Podcast jump into submarines, turrets and robot suits, enter bullet hells and laugh at some feline-leaning humour.
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt) & Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Special Guests: Joseph Hooper (@The3HoopMan) & Arsene Lakpa (@LeekyLeek13)
Web: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
The Player Player Podcast Links: Twitter | Spotify | Apple Podcasts
- 2:30 What is your fast pitch on Gato Roboto?
- 3:20 What did you know about Gato Roboto before we podcasted?
- 6:30 What is the gameplay style (and yes, the cat’s name is Kiki)?
- 9:25 How does Gato Roboto start?
- 12:00 Boss fights and vehicles
- 18:25 Enemy types
- 19:40 Weapons, power-ups and cartridges
- 23:20 A short intermission about Playdate and how the console’s graphics are similar
- 25:55 Was this game going to deliver an Undertale ending?
- 27:40 The ending sequence
- 33:35 The post-credit scene
- 36:10 Final thoughts about Gato Roboto
- 40:55 Other metroidvania games that we loved (we have covered Guacamelee, Shadow Complex and Ori and the Blind Forest)
- 45:30 The Player Player Podcast pitch
- Broken Age w/ Jacob and special guests Katie Lesperance, Travis Colenutt and Jessica Fantauzzo: March 18th
- Oxenfree w/ Jacob, Moe and a special guest (TBA): April 1st
DISCORD: The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast with a focus on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server!
TIP JAR: If you’re feeling generous and love the show, we have a PayPal tip jar! Any funds raised will go towards hosting our site and paying for games and equipment as we look to bring you higher quality content every month.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More