We rip and tear our enemies to shreds as the Doom Slayer in Doom (2016).
Developer: id Software | Publisher: Bethesda Softworks | Release Date: May 13, 2016
Jacob, Mike and Moe go to hell, kill everything in sight and head bang to some sick rock beats while doing it.
The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast with a focus on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage!
If you liked the show, consider giving us a review on iTunes!
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt), Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi) and Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:45 What is DOOM?
- 4:05 What is our experience with the series?
- 6:10 Who are John Carmack and John Romero?
- 8:10 How did we play Doom (2016)?
- 9:05 How does Doom play (combat chess, glory kills and push forward combat)?
- 16:20 The guns!
- 19:50 Weapon mods and limited use weapons (including chainsaw and the BFG-9000)
- 24:25 Ruins
- 28:40 Bosses
- 30:55 Is the story in this one important?
- 34:20 Sound (shout-out to A & C Games in Toronto)
- 36:15 Graphics
- 39:45 The tumultuous story of Doom 4 1.0 aka Call of Doom (see noclip’s documentary about it)
- 42:15 The things we didn’t like: the Switch port’s price and load times
- 44:05 User submitted questions (multiplayer mode, sensitivity, “Doom Guy” for Smash and Rip or Tear)
- 49:20 Final thoughts
- Wolfenstein: The New Order – December 4th
- Detroit: Become Human – January 1st
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More