We kickstart a tale of two humans in two different worlds in Broken Age.
Developer: Double Fine Productions | Publisher: Double Fine Productions | Full Release: April 28, 2015
Jacob and special guests Jessica Fantauzzo, Katie Lesperance and Travis Colenutt talk about their adventure game experience (or lack thereof), laughed out loud and got so frustrated with the Hexipals.
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt)
Special Guests: Jessica Fantauzzo (@jfant), Travis Colenutt (@TravisColenutt) & Katie Lesperance (@lesperak)
Web: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
- 2:40 What is your fast pitch on Broken Age?
- 5:10 Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter?
- 6:50 The Broken Age Fast Pitch
- 8:05 How did we play Broken Age?
- 10:25 How does Broken Age start and how did you start?
- 13:00 The voice cast is wild in this game (Jack Black, Elijah Wood, Will Wheaton and Jennifer Hale, for instance)
- 13:40 General thoughts about Act 1
- 14:50 The start of Shay’s Act 1
- 18:40 Shay meets Marek
- 20:50 Travis’ human parent conspiracy theory
- 23:05 Marek’s errands
- 25:35 The start of Vella’s Act 1 (Sugar Bunting)
- 28:25 Confronting Mog Chothra for the first time
- 30:35 Getting to Merriloft and losing your vowels
- 34:00 Going down to Shellmound
- 39:00 Fighting Mog Chothra and “the twist”
- 44:10 Act 2 (and frustration) start!
- 50:45 Laying out the story in Act 2?
- 59:30 Diving deep on the Act story
- 1:06:00 Wiring (and re-wiring) Hexipals
- 1:09:55 More highlights from our experience and questions from Twitter
- 1:23:20 Final thoughts (Jacob’s quote came from here and we spoke about 101 Dalmatians: Escape from DeVil Manor and Goosebumps: Escape from Horrorland)
- 1:28:35 We take a trip to the Left Behind Game Show!
Thank you to @VGRations, @CSGThomas, @ALittleBreath, @WTFamicom, @the_nmac, @PoundJayYi & Michael Ruffolo for your comments and questions!
- Oxenfree w/ Jacob, Moe and Kam Konek: April 1st
- A Short Hike w/ guests TBD: April 15th
- The Last of Us w/ Jacob, Moe, Mike and Matt (aka Stormageddon): April 29th
DISCORD: The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast with a focus on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server!
TIP JAR: If you’re feeling generous and love the show, we have a PayPal tip jar! Any funds raised will go towards hosting our site and paying for games and equipment as we look to bring you higher quality content every month.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More