We venture to the forests of Wyoming to watch for fires in Firewatch.
Developer: Campo Santo | Publisher: Campo Santo and Panic, Inc. | Initial Release: February 9, 2016
Jacob, Mike, Moe and special guest Dan from the Greatest Story Ever Played Podcast enjoy some knock-off peanut butter, tell stories about their Boy Scout days and complain about not having firearms.
Special Thanks: Jarrett McCourt for his voice on the cold open | Website: http://jarrettmccourt.com/
- 2:00 Dan talks about The Greatest Story Ever Played Podcast
- 3:00 The “Fast Pitch” on Firewatch
- 3:40 What is Firewatch + our admiration for Campo Santo’s members (Idle Thumbs, Walking Dead S1, Bioshock 2: Minerva’s Den, Half-Life: Alyx and In the Valley of the Gods)
- 8:50 How did we play Firewatch?
- 10:50 The look of Firewatch (and some Ford misappropriation)
- 16:00 Wildlife and firearms
- 18:10 Okay, describe Firewatch in detail!
- 21:00 Now we get to the opening of the game’s story
- 28:25 How did we play our Hanks?
- 30:05 Voice acting in the game (Cissy Jones & Rich Sommer)
- 31:50 An incident with some terrible teens (aka what did we do with their boombox)
- 36:40 Are we good with maps? Jacob, the ex-Scout, is bad with maps and fire.
- 40:15 Firewatch’s mystery begins to unravel with a broken window, a communications line that has been cut and a wrecked campsite
- 46:10 Unravelling the mystery
- 51:45 The final sequence of the game
- 1:01:10 Question from @ThoughtsFromP1 on Twitter: “did you find the ending was a satisfying conclusion to the story?”
- 1:05:35 Question from @CtrlAltNoob on Twitter: “I see this recommended as one of the best Walking Sims a lot, what is it that makes this stand out more as oppose to others in the genre?”
- 1:10:05 Question from @CommanderNici on Twitter: “would you take a job as a fire watcher and if so, how would you keep yourself entertained?”
- 1:13:20 Our final thoughts and Dan talks about his podcast in detail
- June 3, 2020 – Kentucky Route Zero, Act 2 feat. Jacob, Mike and special guest Adam Iannetta
- June 10, 2020 – Kentucky Route Zero (The Entertainment) feat. Jacob, Mike and special guest Adam Iannetta
- June 17, 2020 – Shovel Knight feat. Jacob, Mike, Moe and special guest Nathan Brandt
DISCORD: The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast with a focus on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server!
TIP JAR: If you’re feeling generous and love the show, we have a PayPal tip jar! Any funds raised will go towards hosting our site and paying for games and equipment as we look to bring you higher quality content every month.