2001 was an excellent year for gaming, thanks to the little purple lunch box that could. In this special bonus episode of the podcast, live at PAX East 2023, some of the biggest fans of the Nintendo Gamecube were assembled to discuss the device’s history and their memories of the console, as well as build an essential collection of Nintendo Gamecube games with help from the PAX East audience.
The Nintendo GameCube Was The Greatest Game Console Ever Made was recorded live at PAX East 2023 on Friday, March 24th at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Centre.
There’s one section that relies on visual aids; you can download the slides here.
Big thanks to the Video Game History Foundation for providing research assistance. Find them on Twitter, Patreon and on the web.
- 0:00 Intro
- 2:40 A Speedy History of What Led to the Nintendo Gamecube
- 4:20 Why It’s the Greatest Console of All-Time
- 26:40 A Definitive List of the 15 Best Gamecube Games as crafted by the PAX East Audience
- Jacob McCourt: https://twitter.com/JacobMcCourt
- Cam Hawkins: https://twitter.com/CamFinalMix
- Janet Garcia: https://twitter.com/Gameonysus
- Matt Storm aka Stormageddon: https://twitter.com/dj_stormageddon
- Mike Towndrow: https://twitter.com/itsMikeTown
- Asa Greenriver: https://twitter.com/agreenriver07
Web: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
DISCORD: The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast focusing on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More