We enjoy some small town livin’ in Night in the Woods.
Developer: Infinite Fall | Publisher: Finji | Release Date: February 21, 2017
Jacob, Mike and special guests Travis Colenutt and Jessica Fantauzzo run from right to left, dive deep into our early 20s friendships and relationships, debate the nature of man… AND CRIMES.
Join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage! If you love the show, please consider a review on iTunes. It helps a lot.
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt) and Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom)
Special Guests: Travis Colenutt (@TravisColenutt) and Jessica Fantauzzo (@jesstauzzo)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:00 We enter the spoiler room brawl right at the beginning
- 3:00 Tell us about the gameplay from Night in the Woods!
- 4:05 What does the game look like?
- 5:05 Jess describes the “Fab Four”
- 6:25 The town is full of life and great secondary characters
- 9:10 We imagine our voices for the characters
- 10:35 Who did we hang out with the most (ft. Jacob’s Gregg voice and a question from Thomas Reiss)?
- 15:15 More Gregg time (and Jacob’s Angus impression)
- 19:00 Diving deep into our in-game friendships
- 21:05 Our favourite characters
- 24:10 Moving from right to left (thanks to What’s So Great About That?)
- 25:20 YA Fiction, Coming of Age stories and Night in the Woods (see Scott Benson’s GDC talk & Errant Signal’s NitW video)
- 27:10 Mae is kind of awful in the beginning… does she grow as a character?
- 30:10 Gaining a greater appreciation for Night in the Woods as time goes on
- 31:05 Jacob and Mike get into a debate about the nature of man
- 35:50 Mike ties the debate into Mae’s mirror scenes
- 37:30 Jacob relates himself to Mae to counter
- 41:05 Jacob lost the debate, tries to shift the attention to poetry and Selmers
- 42:20 Mallard the Duck
- 44:00 The Tooth
- 45:55 Jacob reads Selmers politically charged poem and we talk about her backstory
- 48:10 Germ and cut content
- 49:20 The twist
- 53:10 The event that sets Part 3 into motion
- 55:50 Chasing a hooded figure out of town
- 57:30 Diving into the dream sequences
- 59:20 Night in the Woods’ version of Rock Band
- 1:02:25 The search for the ghost(s)!
- 1:06:00 The goth guarded gate and Mae’s embarrassing stories
- 1:10:00 Wrecking a bathroom (#crimes)
- 1:11:15 Hanging out with Angus and learning more about him
- 1:13:10 The linear path to the game’s conclusion
- 1:16:45 Mae goes alone for a Night in the Woods (or does she)
- 1:20:10 Lovecraftian Horror
- 1:22:00 Mae’s mental health (check out Chloe Spencer’s piece about Night in the Woods entitled “Night In The Woods Treats Depression Like A Part Of Life“)
- 1:27:30 Talking to an ancient god
- 1:30:30 The game’s credits and a question from the Ludonarrative Podcast
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More