We enjoy cake (even though the cake is a lie) in Portal.
Developer: Valve Corporation | Publisher: Valve Corporation | Release Date: October 10, 2007
Jacob, Mike and Moe make some extreme trust leaps, talk extensively about Mirror’s Edge and laugh at some great comedic writing.
Join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage! If you love the show, please consider a review on iTunes. It helps a lot.
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt), Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:00 Remember when Valve made video games?
- 2:15 Is Moe secretly the owner of @IsHL3OutYet?
- 3:00 The Digipen connection & Narbacular Drop
- 4:20 The Orange Box
- 5:55 How does Portal start?
- 7:45 The difficulty ramp
- 9:00 Jacob compares Portal to The Witness
- 11:20 Mike praises Erik Wolpaw and Mike Morasky’s writing
- 14:20 Jacob avoided 11 years of Portal spoilers
- 15:50 We talk about our favourite levels!
- 19:00 Jacob used a walkthrough
- 21:20 Jacob asks about the Weighted Companion Cube
- 23:35 The Source engine was the engine for physics
- 24:50 The final boss encounter with GLaDOS
- 28:05 Connecting Portal and Mirror’s Edge
- 30:45 Jacob brings up the PS3 version of the Orange Box
- 31:25 Our final thoughts about Portal
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More