We climb with B.U.D., listen to M.O.M. and drunkenly flail about in Grow Home.
Developer: Ubisoft Reflections | Publisher: Ubisoft | Release Date: February 4, 2015
Jacob, Mike and Moe rode beanstalks, used giant leaves as hang-gliders and collected crystals. Also, we decided unanimously that this game should always be played with a controller.
You can now join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage!
We had previously announced that this week would be our “The Witness” episode. We wanted more time with the game, so we shuffled our upcoming schedule around. Our next two episodes will be: The Witness (May 30) and Star Wars: Republic Commando (June 13). More June content announcements in the coming weeks!
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt), Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:25 What is Grow Home?
- 3:35 Who is Ubisoft Reflections?
- 5:10 This game is on Unity; Moe gives his two cents on this game and Unity
- 7:10 Mike didn’t have a great time; don’t play this game with a controller
- 10:50 Jacob compares Grow Home to Katamari Damacy, QWOP and GIRP
- 12:25 Moe talks about the ragdoll
- 13:35 Some of the other mechanics and powers in the game
- 15:55 What Moe and Jacob liked about Grow Home and the game’s reception
- 18:15 Falling and tips for falling
- 19:45 Grow Home isn’t, but Grow Up is on Xbox One (correction: the game is not on Mac)
- 20:50 Jacob brings up Space Station Silicon Valley and Mike brings up Metal Arms: Glitch in the System (R.I.P. Swingin’ Ape Studios)
- 22:30 What would make you play Grow Up?
- 24:25 Final thoughts (and Jacob sets out his perfect Saturday)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More