We smack some thick-skulled zombies with our cricket bat in ZombiU & Zombi.
Developer: Ubisoft Montpellier & Straight Right (Ports) | Publisher: Ubisoft | Release Date: November 18, 2012
Jacob, special guest Travis Colenutt and a fully-healthy Mike talk about horror games, prepare our Bug-Out-Bags and reminisce about the launch of the Wii U.
You can now join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage! Moe returns to the Left Behind Game Club for our FTL: Faster Than Light episode launching on March 21st.
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt) and Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom)
Special Guest: Travis Colenutt (@TravisColenutt)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:05 “Michael, what do you think of this game?”
- 3:30 The setup and the story for ZombiU
- 6:50 Jacob compares the game to Dark Souls & Bloodborne
- 9:40 The thickest skulls in the world
- 11:00 The game’s sound design
- 12:55 “This game could have been so much more”
- 13:40 Travis’ general thoughts about the game
- 15:30 Our general feelings about horror games (we talk about Resident Evil, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Condemned, Shadows of the Damned and Until Dawn)
- 18:00 The dread and the stress of ZombiU/Zombi
- 22:35 The reason for the thick zombie heads
- 23:55 How many times did we die in the game?
- 26:20 We talk about the online features of the game and the glitches
- 29:35 Wii and WiiU launch titles
- 30:50 Favourite parts of the game
- 33:45 The terrifying nursery
- 35:15 Difference between the Wii U version and the remake
- 38:30 All of the weapons and what we used
- 42:00 What about flares, molotov cocktails, landmines and grenades?
- 44:20 The exploding zombies
- 45:30 How did you play the game?
- 47:10 Who were the Ravens of Dee and why is the Prepper so angry all the time?
- 49:20 Turret (not turd) sequences
- 52:00 The endings and how would you make a ZombiU 2?
- 54:35 Final thoughts and wrap-up