We float on with some very long scarves in Journey.
Developer: Thatgamecompany | Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment | Release Date: March 12, 2012
Jacob, special guest Travis Colenutt and a quarantined Mike hide from Guardians, shred their scarves, float high and talk about aquatic life. “I’m the bubble boy!”
A quick programming note: we had originally planned to release our Zombi/ZombiU episode this week but have moved that episode to March 7th. Apologies for the change. Our March 21st episode is FTL: Faster Than Light.
You can now join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage!
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt) and Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom)
Special Guest: Travis Colenutt (@TravisColenutt)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 1:20 Michael is very sick
- 2:20 A little background about Thatgamecompany & Journey
- 3:30 Our collective experience with the game
- 5:44 Let’s describe Journey
- 7:40 Wait… motion controls? Sixaxis refresher.
- 9:00 The multiplayer component of the game
- 13:15 We start back at the beginning
- 14:45 The aesthetic of the game
- 16:45 Jacob’s favourite part of the game
- 18:20 *gasp* “There are enemies?”
- 19:30 Travis takes us under the sea
- 20:50 The game opens in the desert
- 25:58 Austin Wintory’s music is excellent
- 28:15 The cutscenes and a little bit more about the story
- 31:10 Terminator: Journey
- 32:01 Into the depths of darkness and The Guardians
- 36:55 The snowy area
- 38:05 Jacob compares this game to Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
- 39:05 Back to the snow and Travis meets another player
- 42:50 The collapse
- 44:45 What does the story mean?
- 49:35 Mike cries and Life of Pi
- 52:18 Wrap-up
- 54:44 A fun fact about Jenova Chen