We travel head-first into a sandstorm in Spec Ops: The Line.
Developer: Yager Development | Publisher: 2K Games | Release Date: June 26, 2012
The OG crew (Jacob, Moe and Mike) rides in a helicopter, disobey direct orders and become the hero. “What is this “vault with B” malarkey?” Our next episode launches on December 13th and we are playing To The Moon!
You can now e-mail us your questions! Send questions about past episodes or questions about us to email@example.com!
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt), Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 1:12 What is Spec Ops: The Line?
- 2:32 What is your past experience with Spec Ops: The Line?
- 3:45 A warning about Spec Ops: The Line
- 4:33 The game’s setup (Chapter 1-3)
- 7:42 Jacob’s hypothesis about the game
- 9:28 Moe jumps ahead to an important choice
- 12:25 The game’s mechanics
- 14:50 Favourite weapons
- 18:10 We return to the first choice in the game (Rick Gould)
- 19:45 Mike brings up Heart of Darkness & Apocalypse Now
- 22:52 Mike brings it back to Spec Ops: The Line with “white phosphorus” (Chapter 8)
- 27:27 We talk about how we played the game
- 29:03 “There’s always a choice”
- 30:15 Who is Konrad?
- 31:30 Where’s the 9 volt battery?
- 32:30 The game’s visuals
- 35:18 Nolan North
- 36:45 Jacob’s “tin hat” theory
- 37:15 How would you market this game?
- 41:05 The hanging men (Chapter 9)
- 43:05 Is the game believable? Blame the sandstorms.
- 44:25 The other hanging
- 46:43 Tunnel vision
- 48:17 The water truck choice
- 49:42 The fourth wall
- 50:40 Executions
- 51:40 The game’s message
- 53:25 The final sequence & hallucinations
- 58:28 Konrad’s revelation and the final decision (“who is Konrad?”)
- 1:02:50 The second set of endings
- 1:04:36 Our final thoughts
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More