We mark and execute our foes in Splinter Cell: Conviction.
Developer: Ubisoft Montreal | Publisher: Ubisoft | Release Date: April 13, 2010
Jacob and Moe give their best Michael Ironside impressions, use some cool gadgets and talk too much about movies.
The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast with a focus on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage!
If you love the show, please consider a review on iTunes. It helps a lot.
Players: Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi) and Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 1:50 Our history with Splinter Cell (with SOCOM/Hitman talk)
- 4:30 How did we play Splinter Cell: Conviction (including a story about Ubisoft Uplay)
- 5:10 Playing the game with a controller on PC
- 6:05 Jacob shows off his Splinter Cell: Conviction (Collector’s Edition) aka great audio
- 7:35 Jacob explores the Clancyverse (Ghost Recon, H.A.W.X. and EndWar)
- 8:45 Jacob reads Kevin Van Ord’s Verdict on the game (read his Xbox 360 review)
- 11:40 The controls and gameplay of Splinter Cell: Conviction
- 11:55 Using the dark
- 13:20 Using your snake cam
- 14:10 The Michael Ironside talk begins (Command & Conquer and Jacob looks at his face for the first time)
- 16:10 The Batman, 24 and My Hero Academia variety minute
- 18:05 Continued talk about controls and gameplay
- 18:10 Mark & Execute
- 22:10 Last Known Position
- 23:30 Using cover in the game
- 25:10 Interrogations (and Monster Closets)
- 27:00 The LBGC’s Chief Guns Officer chimes in on Splinter Cell: Conviction’s weapons
- 29:30 Gadget talk
- 33:00 A follow-up on the control (they may be too loose)
- 34:10 Storytelling in the environment (with a What Remains of Edith Finch callback)
- 37:00 Comparing Splinter Cell: Conviction to today’s graphics
- 39:00 The sound in Splinter Cell: Conviction
- 39:50 Where should you start with Splinter Cell?
- 41:35 Jacob’s Splinter Cell: Conviction Book Report
- 46:00 Who is Megiddo (with slight Metal Gear Solid spoilers)
- 47:15 Jacob compares Splinter Cell: Conviction to Steven Seagal’s Under Siege 2
- 48:45 Product placement in the game #brands
- 49:35 Our final thoughts about Splinter Cell: Conviction
- 52:55 A special shout-out to the The Player Player Podcast
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More