We make our way through many layers of hell in Hades.
Developer: Supergiant Games | Publisher: Supergiant Games | Initial Release: September 17, 2020
Jacob, Mike, Moe and special guest Flora Merigold dive into their knowledge of Greek mythology, mix and match different boons and introduce everyone to the Left Behind Game Club Guest Gaming Gauntlet.
Special Guest: Flora Merigold (@LudonarrativeFM)
- 1:00 Flora is back!
- 2:10 Running Flora through the Left Behind Game Club Guest Gaming Gauntlet(TM)
- 4:40 Fast pitch about Hades
- 6:20 A Hades time capsule (Noclip’s fantastic documentary about the game)
- 9:55 Our histories with Supergiant Games (listen to our Bastion episode)
- 13:50 How did we play the game?
- 15:40 Setting up Hades!
- 16:40 Spoiler warning!
- 18:20 Mike dives into his love of mythology; we dive into Zagreus’ place in Greek mythology
- 22:45 The game feels sublime to play – here are the basics
- 26:40 Jacob’s Tier List for Weapons
- 28:00 Mixing in boons and weapon upgrades to the conversation
- 40:00 Explaining Hades God Mode
- 43:55 Bosses and mini-bosses
- 48:45 Talking about important items like Ambrosia, Titan Blood and more
- 56:40 TINY VERMIN
- 59:30 Fighting Hades (and Charon)
- 1:08:40 Questions from the Epilogue Gaming Discord community
- 1:12:25 Graphics and sound
- 1:14:50 Final thoughts (including Barry Irick’s “Why I Quit Playing Hades“)
DISCORD: The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast focusing on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server!
- November 17th, 2021 Dead Cells (ft. Jacob, Mike, Moe and Adam Gumbert)
- December 1st, 2021 Sayonara Wild Hearts (ft. Jacob, Mike, TBA and TBA)