We jump through space and fight back the Rebels in the name of the Federation in FTL: Faster Than Light.
Developer: Subset Games | Publisher: Subset Games | Release Date: September 14, 2012
Jacob, Mike, and a back-in-action Moe talk about space warfare, reminisce about the old Kickstarter days, and learn how much failure we can take in one sitting.
You can now join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage! Our April games are Tomb Raider (2013) and God of War (2005)!
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt), Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom), Moe Murtadi (@ mmurtadi)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:15 “You are a strategy… flight… spaceship commander.”
- 3:10 What is a Roguelike?
- 3:48 Kickstarter successes and backstory
- 5:02 How did you play it?
- 6:00 “How hard is this game?!”
- 7:00 Sharing our initial strategies and tips
- 9:03 “How long did you play for? Did you ever win?”
- 10:30 When we find out there were hotkeys
- 12:20 How we learned to play and got better
- 13:40 Explaining the ship
- 15:40 “What did you upgrade first?”
- 19:35 Boarding and pausing
- 20:30 The different crew species and member diversity
- 25:00 Weapon loadout and enemy priority
- 28:30 How you can snowball your wins
- 33:40 Kickstarter bonus names? Alex Rigopulous and Chris Remo appear
- 34:24 How do you deal with missles and hacking? A sad story
- 37:50 The addons we bought for our ships
- 39:20 The final boss battle
- 43:20 The difficulty of this game and why its like Braid
- 45:00 Moe does know how to read, despite evidence otherwise
- 47:00 Jacob still plays with his NeoPets
- 48:20 Should you avoid the Nebula?
- 53:10 Weapons you should and shouldn’t use
- 58:09 Final verdict and recommendations
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | TuneIn | | More