We talk extensively about our romantic relationship because of Catherine.
Developer: Atlus | Publisher: Atlus (in most regions) | Release Date: February 17, 2011
Mike, Jacob and special guests Shay Whiston and Rocco Tenaglia III let their feelings out, talk about cursed puzzle games and really get to know each other on a personal level.
Join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage! If you love the show, please consider a review on iTunes. It helps a lot.
Players: Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt)
Special Guests: Shay Whiston (@ShaelynTai) and Rocco Tenaglia III (@SixHundredBucks)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:50 What is Catherine?
- 5:15 “How do slip into an affair?” Alcohol.
- 8:00 Mike pre-ordered Catherine
- 9:25 We talk about Catherine’s puzzle gameplay by comparing the game to Q*Bert and Pushmo
- 11:40 What’s the anime part of Catherine?
- 12:50 What about choice in Catherine?
- 14:50 The binary morality system in the game
- 16:20 Jacob brings in the Bechdel Test
- 19:50 Vincent is so frustrating
- 21:50 Sheep = People?
- 22:35 The curse
- 25:10 The overarching plot of Catherine
- 26:55 The art-style (in-engine vs. pre-rendered cutscenes)
- 28:40 The music in Catherine
- 29:30 The voice-overs in Catherine (Troy Baker & Laura Bailey)
- 30:30 Going into the washroom for… stuff?
- 32:35 New techniques? Rapunzel game?
- 34:45 How you’re supposed to play Catherine (with callbacks to our The Witness episode)
- 36:35 Catherine and its take on relationships
- 40:15 Did Catherine change your take on relationships?
- 42:00 Michael’s in the Hot Seat
- 47:35 We enter the confessional and give our moral takes
- 54:50 Baby play
- 56:40 Wrap-up
- 58:00 Rocco talks about his new book, How to Write a Book And Make At Least Six Hundred Dollars
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More