We solve all the puzzles in The Witness.
Developer: Thekla Inc. | Publisher: Thekla Inc. | Release Date: January 26th, 2016
Jacob, Mike, Moe and Special Guest CourtFTW travel to a deserted island, use “2 Brainz”, get stuck, feel like geniuses and then get stuck again.
You can now join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage!
Here’s is our upcoming release schedule:
- June 6th: E3 2018 Special
- June 13th: Star Wars: Republic Commando
- June 27th: Vanquish
- June 29th: The 1-Year Anniversary of the Podcast!
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt), Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Special Guest: Courtney G. (@CourtFTW)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:10 We introduce you to CourtFTW!
- 3:55 We rip off the band-aid… how did we play the game?
- 5:30 Court talks about streaming the game on Twitch
- 7:10 What is The Witness?
- 8:55 “Twisted Logic” and the Scientific Process
- 11:20 Starting the game
- 13:10 The game’s difficulty (Quarry and Jungle)
- 15:30 Nausea (shout-out to Kevin) and how we tackled the game
- 18:10 The beauty of the game world (and game engine)
- 20:20 What Remains of Edith Finch and recordings of philosophers
- 22:20 The different types of puzzles in the game
- 27:20 Timers and Treehouses
- 30:40 Monastery, Anger and Art Museums
- 34:10 Pacing ourselves through the Witness
- 38:40 Lasers and Mirrors
- 40:10 Finishing the game
- 45:20 Our least favorite parts of the game
- 47:45 The secret ending (with a Virginia call-back)
- 52:35 Our closing thoughts…
- 58:35 …just kidding… what about the puzzles in the environment?
- 59:40 The game’s achievements
- 1:01:25 A final section of puzzle talk
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More
Join the discussion One Comment
[…] 34:45 How you’re supposed to play Catherine (with callbacks to our The Witness episode) […]