We rocket slide around Shinji Mikami’s space station in Vanquish.
Developer: PlatinumGames | Publisher: Sega | Release Date: October 19, 2010
Jacob, Mike and Moe jettison off to space, power-slide and flip around the environment, overheat, upgrade some weapons and then take on Russia.
You can now join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage!
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt), Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:00 The pedigree of Mr. Shinji Mikami
- 4:15 Moe brings up his love of Metal Gear Rising
- 5:20 Jacob sets up the game and Mike sets up Dyson spheres
- 6:25 ? + ? = Vanquish
- 8:00 R.I.P. San Francisco
- 10:35 Mike’s biggest pet peeve about Vanquish
- 12:10 Moe’s pulls a “Kevin”
- 13:10 What is Vanquish actually?
- 15:05 The melee attack
- 17:15 We start the discussion about weapons
- 21:10 We chat about AI
- 23:10 The different enemy types
- 25:40 Mike’s favorite weapon: the Disc Gun
- 28:40 Fear of the unknown
- 30:40 The different difficulty levels
- 34:05 The ultimate game of Limbo
- 35:10 Vanquish’s level design
- 38:10 The graphics
- 40:35 The story is non-sense?
- 44:35 Jacob brings up Binary Domain #BigBo
- 46:25 “That’s so anime”
- 49:05 The game’s UI
- 49:40 Using slowdown
- 51:20 Final thoughts about Vanquish
- 52:40 Vanquish 2?
- 53:40 Jacob sold a copy of Vanquish to a GameStop employee