We deal with the aftermath of the calamity and all things Bastion.
Developer: Supergiant Games | Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment | Release Date: July 20, 2011
Jacob, Moe, Mike and Nick do their part in rebuilding civilization while admiring the designs and sounds of the game
Join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage! If you love the show, please consider a review on iTunes. It helps a lot.
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 1:56 – We’re playing Bastion… on Vita?
- 2:30 – What we knew coming into the game
- 4:45 – XBLA… remember that? what we played on
- 6:50 – What IS Bastion?
- 9:50 – The audio and Narrator are great, I don’t care what you say
- 10:40 – Action RPGs and Platforming
- 12:00 – Our choice of weapons
- 14:52 – What is THE Bastion?
- 19:00 – Difficulty mods and the risk/reward of them
- 30:00 – The enemies in this game feel natural
- 33:42 – WE’RE ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN (WOOO)
- 34:40 – This devolves into a puddle of wrestling talk and references
- 36:15 – The story and narrative
- 43:00 – Zulf is like Thanos
- 47:00 – The first choice and consequence of our actions
- 49:30 – Supergiant sequels
- 51:00 – The second choice you have to make
- 54:00 – Do we recommend it?
- 1:00:00 – The wrap-up and where you can find us