We deliver lucha-style piledrivers to skeletons in Guacamelee.
Developer: Drinkbox Studios | Publisher: Drinkbox Games | Release Date: April 9, 2013
Jacob, Mike and Moe talk about chickens and their “easter” eggs, mix-max’ing your character, the PlayStation Vita and Mexico by way of Japan. “This game is more present day WWE and less attitude era WWF.” Our next episode drops on January 24th, 2017 and we are playing Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide!
You can now e-mail us your questions! Send questions about past episodes or questions about us to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt), Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 1:15 What is Guacamelee?
- 2:22 What is your experience with Guacamelee?
- 3:46 Super Turbo Championship Edition and what fight about pronunciation of “Melee”
- 5:25 Standard vs. Gold Edition vs. Super Turbo Championship Edition
- 5:47 We talk about The PlayStation Vita and
- 6:40 “The Vita is still hype in Japan” & Jacob learns about Waifu and Weeaboo
- 8:38 Guacamelee 2
- 9:12 The “Drinkbox Aesthetic”
- 10:36 Juan Aguacate and the start of the game
- 12:35 Tostada and costume changes
- 14:27 Homages to other games and easter eggs
- 17:55 Your encounter with Alebrije, the adorable pet dragon
- 19:35 Getting new moves through Choozo statues and level design
- 21:30 Uay Chivo (Goat Man), Flame Face and great written dialogue
- 23:40 The “combat flow”
- 24:35 Bringing it back to professional wrestling
- 26:45 How we upgraded our character
- 27:15 Moe’s biggest gripe with Guacamelee
- 29:00 The twist at the end
- 29:55 Completing the game and our “rates of play”
- 33:00 El Trio De La Muerte
- 34:20 The El Diablo’s Domain DLC and The Devil
- 36:58 More on combat chess and enemy variation
- 40:20 Ontario Media Development Corporation and Telefilm Canada
- 41:50 The rest of the bosses: Jaguar Javier and Calaca
- 44:45 INTENSO!
- 46:38 Our final thoughts
- 50:20 Jacob asks an extremely important question