After playing through Warhammer: The End Times – Vermintide, Moe and Jacob had a conversation over Discord with Victor Magnuson. Victor is a Game Designer and Producer at Fatshark Games in Stockholm, Sweden. The team at Fatshark is currently working on Warhammer: Vermintide 2, a sequel to the highly successful original game.
Moe and Jacob talk about Victor’s jump from finance to game design, the history of Fatshark Games, how they began work on the Warhammer IP, the community they have built around the franchise and the upcoming Warhammer: Vermintide 2.
An open beta for Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is launching soon and the release date for the game will be announced in the near future.
Player: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt) & Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Guest: Victor Magnuson (@Zarpan)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub
- 1:00 Victor and Moe talk about their shared transition away from the Finance Industry
- 5:34 Victor’s journey at Fatshark Games (covering GRIN, Quality Assurance and Game Design)
- 9:53 How did Fatshark get connected with Games Workshop?
- 11:58 How do you interact with Games Workshop on the game?
- 14:44 What’s the pitch and the pillars for Warhammer: Vermintide?
- 18:00 Victor talks about why they supported Warhammer: Vermintide for so long with DLC (while comparing the game to Rainbow Six: Siege)
- 20:45 How does Fatshark interact with their active community?
- 23:23 We transition to Vermintide 2, Victor talks about the difference between V1 and V2
- 25:50 Victor talks about the addition of the Chaos Faction to Vermintide 2
- 27:57 The addition of Career Paths in Vermintide 2
- 31:27 Victor talks about the difference between the loot systems in Vermintide 1 and Vermintide 2
- 33:23 We talk about the game’s Spawn Director
- 36:32 We ask Victor what he is most exciting to watch and play when development on Vermintide 2 wraps up
- 37:39 Details about the game’s release date and beta