We make sure that our Yeti costume doesn’t shrink in the dryer and enter the world of Repugia for Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice.
Developer: Double Fine Productions | Publisher: THQ, Double Fine Productions and Dracogen (PC) | Release Date: December 21, 2010
Jacob, Mike, Moe and special guest Shay Whiston collect dandy candy and stamps, tell terribly good Dad jokes and lure people away from their relaxing getaways with French Fry smell.
Join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage! If you love the show, please consider a review on iTunes. It helps a lot.
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt), Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Special Guest: Shay Whiston (@ShaelynTai)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 1:40 The crew welcomes Shay to the show and we talk a little bit about her gaming habits (like Pokemon, Fallout 3)
- 3:55 What is Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice?
- 5:15 Moe didn’t play the base game, just the DLC
- 7:40 Shay shares her love of Double Fine and Psychonauts
- 10:40 Could you play Grubbins on Ice before the main game?
- 14:30 We go deep on the costumes in Grubbins on Ice
- 19:00 What were your ideal loadouts?
- 23:40 Losing to start the game and a difficulty spike to end the game
- 27:40 Using the French Fry costume
- 30:15 Beating the final boss (Araxia and Big Bones)
- 34:10 Jacob shares some details about Amnesia Fortnight and how it ties into Costume Quest and Stacking
- 36:40 The writing in Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice
- 39:15 Bobbing for eyeballs?
- 40:10 A Costume Quest cartoon?
- 42:05 The PC version that almost didn’t happen
- 43:00 Is Grubbins on Ice a Christmas game?