We jump for joy (and orbs) in Crackdown.
Developer: Realtime Worlds | Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios | Release Date: February 20, 2007
Mike and Jacob run very quickly on the streets of Pacific City, shoot so many rockets and kick each other in the face in the pursuit of the greater good.
Join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage! If you love the show, please consider a review on iTunes. It helps a lot.
Players: Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 1:45 Michael starts with the Halo 3 connection
- 2:50 Game Informer’s thoughts about the game echo our own
- 3:55 What is Crackdown, Agent?
- 7:15 Skills for Kills, Agent? No… good load-outs.
- 9:45 Who is David Jones, Agent?
- 12:45 Prototype vs. Crackdown
- 14:00 What do you like most about Crackdown, Agent?
- 14:45 ORBS!
- 17:30 A standout boss battle with Olga Romanov
- 19:45 Michael and Jacob talk about their favorite open-world games
- 24:15 Cut-scenes and story bits in the game
- 26:20 Crackdown 2
- 28:40 “So much of this game is dumb”, including the ending
- 32:00 The Crackdown co-op experience
- 36:00 Jacob and Mike play a game of “This or That”
- 39:00 Jacob brings up Breakdown
- 42:25 Crackdown 3 and final thoughts
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More