We explore the great outdoors at our own pace in A Short Hike.
Developer: Adam Robinson-Yu | Publisher: Adam Robinson-Yu | Initial Release: April 5, 2019
Jacob, Mike, Moe and special guest Blake Guthrie fish, hike, and play an imaginary sport that is a cross between volleyball and badminton.
Special Guest: Blake Guthrie, co-founder of EpilogueGaming.com
- 2:20 A summary of Blake’s work
- 2:40 Our Short Hike Fast Pitch
- 3:50 What did we know about A Short Hike before we started?
- 8:10 What is it like playing A Short Hike? We explain the game’s Golden Feather system.
- 12:00 “This game just lets you play,” the team refers to Adam Robinson-Yu’s GDC talk often (and Moe took a lot of notes)
- 18:40 Some of the game’s ancillary system and mini-games (fishing, treasure hunting)
- 21:10 We also talk about some of the characters and their snappy dialogue
- 26:35 A Canadian connection to A Short Hike
- 28:50 Silver Feathers?
- 31:10 What do we think the game looks like?
- 33:40 We talk about the sweet soundtrack
- 35:30 We talk more specifically about the story and the dialogue
- 43:30 Comparisons to Super Mario and Costume Quest
- 45:25 Final thoughts
- The Last of Us w/ Jacob, Mike and Matt Storm: April 29th
(NEW) LEAVE US A VOICEMAIL: If you want a chance to get your voice on the show, give us a call at (734) 489-9753 and tell us what you think about one of this month’s games! This is a U.S. number, long-distance charges apply for international callers.
DISCORD: The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast with a focus on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server!
TIP JAR: If you’re feeling generous and love the show, we have a PayPal tip jar! Any funds raised will go towards hosting our site and paying for games and equipment as we look to bring you higher quality content every month.