The team travels back to 1995 to play through The Fullbright Company’s Gone Home. In this episode, we talk about walking, Christmas ducks, ghosts and teen angst. “It’s a ghostttttttttt!” Come back on Wednesday, July 26th for Episode 004 – we are playing through Braid.
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt), Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub
- 1:30 Our experience with the game
- 2:50 What is Idle Thumbs (https://www.idlethumbs.net/)?
- 4:30 Where should you start with Idle Thumbs?
- 6:50 How did you play Gone Home?
- 8:18 The start of the game
- 12:46 A great moment: the note that gets taken away
- 13:52 The game’s characters
- 16:05 How Moe felt coming into the house (aka murderous thoughts)
- 19:02 Mike’s thoughts about walking into the house
- 20:40 How Jacob felt about the 101 Dalmatians-esque house
- 22:47 Reading notes
- 25:10 The Christmas Duck
- 26:45 Our “Goosebumps” moments
- 30:04 Sam and Lonnie 4eva
- 32:05 The Red Hair Dye moment
- 33:05 Is the game nudging you in a certain order?
- 36:10 Mike compares the game to the original Max Payne
- 38:00 The basement
- 38:37 The game’s climax
- 40:30 The kitchen, the garage and the notes
- 42:00 Moe’s opinions on “is this a game”
- 44:30 A rough patch in Janice’s marriage #wildfire
- 45:58 Moe compares Gone Home to Disneyland
- 47:45 Everybody has smut
- 49:30 The family portrait
- 52:56 Stories in the Pacific Northwest & the 90s
- 55:45 Sexuality, the army and religion
- 58:30 More shows that evoke the Pacific Northwest
- 59:30 Our final thoughts about the game