Happy Halloween! We grab the coolest cardboard costumes we can find and jump skate first into Costume Quest. Jacob, Mike and special guest Andrew Perciballi pitch imaginary games to Tim Schafer, knocking on doors, dad taxes and General Mechanics. “I digress is the theme for today.” Our next episode launches on November 15th and we are playing Luigi’s Mansion!
A special thank you this episode to Lemuel Alquino; our raw audio was an inaudible mess and he was able to save the audio. You can check out his work at lalquino.com and on Twitter @LAlquinoProd.
You can now e-mail us your questions! Send questions about past episodes or questions about us to email@example.com!
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt) & Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom)
Special Guest: Andrew Perciballi (@AndyofWindsor & Project Gateway Canada)
Additional Production: Lemuel Alquino (@LAlquinoProd)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:10 What is Costume Quest?
- 3:50 Jacob and Andrew pitch Costume Quest to Mr. Schafer
- 4:50 How do you play?
- 7:20 How did we play the game?
- 9:35 Knocking on doors?
- 10:25 Sound direction
- 12:40 Hypothesized time and place
- 17:00 We start to dive deep into “general mechanics”
- 19:00 The general progression
- 22:00 Comparing the writing to Spielberg cartoon?
- 25:50 Party make-ups
- 29:50 Also, candy corn is garbage
- 34:40 The fries costume
- 38:00 “Let’s go to the mall”
- 40:40 Video game malls, Bam Margera and jack**s
- 43:15 Candy receptacles
- 47:00 The maze
- 50:10 The final bosses
- 51:50 Andrew reveals his secret
- 54:25 Andrew’s “teenagers” theory; it’s a Game Theory
- 56:10 Dad Tax
- 59:00 Jacob and Mike pile on Andrew’s 6 out of 10
- 1:01:20 Our next game!