We burn the Blades of Chaos into our forearms and try to take down Ares in God of War.
Developer: SCE Santa Monica Studio (w/ Bluepoint Games & Sanzaru Games for the Remaster) | Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment | Release Date: March 22, 2005
Jacob, Mike and Moe travel to Athens in order to find Pandora’s Box, tear our enemies limb-from-limb and feel 13 all over again.
You can now join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage!
Our three games for May 2018 are: Metro 2033 (May 2), The Witness (May 16) and Star Wars: Republic Commando (May 30).
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt), Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:45 How did you play God of War (2005)?
- 3:50 A quick refresher about David Jaffe and Incognito Entertainment (note: Shannon Studstill was the Producer)
- 5:35 God of War in three words
- 6:55 “This game was designed for 13 year old”
- 9:20 Jacob brings up X-Play
- 13:25 Moe writes a God of War Book Report
- 15:50 The game’s cutscenes
- 19:00 This game is “super Zelda-ish” and comparisons to Darksiders
- 20:50 The game’s length
- 22:45 We talk about Kratos’ abilities and upgrades (Blades of Chaos, Blade of Artemis, Rage of the Gods, Poseidon’s Rage, Medusa’s Gaze, Zeus’ Fury and Army of Hades)
- 25:10 “You’re bad at video games, how about we move your difficulty down for you.”
- 27:05 We talk about specific enemy types (i.e.: Centaur, Gorgons and Cerberi)
- 30:30 The most challenging sections of the game
- 32:35 Jacob and Moe give Mike heck about using a walk-through and Mike fires back
- 35:35 The Pinky and the Brain connection in God of War (2005)
- 37:00 Differences between modern games and older games
- 39:40 Our thoughts on Kratos “the character” in God of War and other Sony mascots
- 42:07 Did they explain Kratos’ tattoo? Also, Kratos tattoos.
- 43:40 Quick Time Events and Resident Evil 4
- 47:05 Ares: Olympic Javelin Athlete
- 48:15 The Final Battle
- 49:15 The ending and “who is that vagrant?”
- 52:45 The game’s camera and final thoughts
- 56:00 A big God of War 3 spoiler
- 56:25 Instagram, iTunes Reviews & Discord
- 58:25 May 2018 Games