We transport antiques through the Kentucky back-country in Kentucky Route Zero, Act 1.
Developer: Cardboard Computer | Publisher: Annapurna Interactive | Initial Release: January 7, 2013
Jacob, Mike and special guest Adam Iannetta meet a very old dog, explore some very spooky locations and buckle up for the strange and the mundane.
Special Guest: Adam Iannetta (@adiannetta) | Website: adamiannetta.ca
- 2:40 The “Fast Pitch” on Kentucky Route Zero
- 3:25 What did we know about Kentucky Route Zero before we started?
- 5:10 How did we play?
- 7:15 Wait, this game was episodic? And it had a Kickstarter? [The Polygon article Jacob mentioned]
- 7:50 What is Kentucky Route Zero?
- 10:40 The start of the game at Equis Oil and the darkness held within (Act I, Scene I)
- 14:05 An introduction to Conway and your dog
- 15:50 How did we play our Conway?
- 19:45 When things may have started to unravel at the Marquez Farmhouse (Act I, Scene II)
- 23:05 The game has STYYYYYLE (and reminded us of Paper Mario)
- 25:20 Mike describes the driving and some of the stops along the way
- 29:20 How long did play in Kentucky Route Zero Act 1?
- 30:25 We make our way to Elkhorn Mines (Act 1, Scene III)
- 33:30 Wait, who is Shannon?
- 36:15 Moving through the mine on a minecart (reminder: Mike is a scaredy-cat; Act 1, Scene IV)
- 40:50 Mike explores and forgets to talk about his time back at Equis Oil (Act 1, Scene V)
- 44:35 Back to the Marquez Farmhouse (Act 1, Scene VI)
- 46:00 Do we want to keep playing Kentucky Route Zero?
- 48:20 Our wildest theories about Act 2 and beyond!
- May 13, 2020 – Kentucky Route Zero (Limits & Demonstrations) feat. Jacob, Mike and special guest Adam Iannetta
- May 20, 2020 – Firewatch feat. Jacob, Mike, Moe and special guest Dan from the Greatest Story Ever Played Podcast
(NEW) LEAVE US A VOICEMAIL: If you want a chance to get your voice on the show, give us a call at (734) 489-9753 and tell us what you think about one of this month’s games! This is a U.S. number, long-distance charges apply for international callers.
DISCORD: The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast with a focus on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server!
TIP JAR: If you’re feeling generous and love the show, we have a PayPal tip jar! Any funds raised will go towards hosting our site and paying for games and equipment as we look to bring you higher quality content every month.