We set blasters to “fun” in Star Wars: Republic Commando.
Developer: LucasArts | Publisher: LucasArts | Release Date: February 28, 2005
Mike, Moe and Special Guest Shane Chiasson grow up in test tubes, eat some Star Wars flavored Easter Eggs and heal deep wounds in bacta tanks.
You can now join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage!
Here’s is our upcoming release schedule:
- June 27th: Vanquish
- June 29th: The 1-Year Anniversary of the Podcast!
Players: Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom) and Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Special Guest: Shane Chiasson (@chiasoo)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 1:55 We introduce Star Wars: Republic Commando
- 2:45 What system did we play this game on?
- 6:00 Republic Commando: A History Lesson
- 7:20 What’s *your* history with the game?
- 10:00 Do we love Star Wars?
- 11:05 Setting up the plot of the game
- 15:50 Did we remember the squad intros?
- 17:30 The game audio and voice acting (with a Kaidan Alenko shout-out)
- 21:20 The game’s second mission, difficulty and bacta tanks
- 25:05 The game’s save system
- 28:05 Did the game get repetitive?
- 32:30 The guns in the Star Wars: Republic Commando
- 35:30 Other games of the era and Unreal Engine 2
- 41:55 Mike discovers why the game may seem a little rushed
- 46:10 The game’s third mission on Kashyyyk and the soundtrack
- 49:00 Why was Star Wars: Republic Commando 2 (Imperial Commando) cancelled?
- 53:30 Final thoughts
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More