We explore our past while surviving the present in Telltale’s The Walking Dead Season 1, Episode 1.
Developer: Telltale Games | Publisher: Telltale Games | Initial Release: April 24, 2012
Jacob, Moe and special guest Cam Hawkins kill zombies in rated-M+ fashion, make a series of poor decisions and start to build their own community in a zombie apocalypse.
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt) & Moe Murtadi (@mmurtadi)
Special Guest: Cam Hawkins (@TheCinephileGuy) | Twitch | Dualshockers
Web: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
- 2:30 Our fast pitch about Telltale’s The Walking Dead (Season 1)
- 3:20 What is your personal history with Telltale Games and The Walking Dead? We have played both the Batman Telltale Game and The Wolf of Among Us on this show.
- 7:30 How did we play this one (performance issues and the Nintendo Switch versions)?
- 9:30 A quick note about the Telltale Tool and Telltale’s impact on adventure games
- 11:10 How would we describe the art style of this game?
- 12:35 How will we play our Lee?
- 15:20 You start the game in the back of a cop car being taken to prison
- 19:00 Lee meets Clementine
- 21:45 Representation in The Walking Dead
- 24:55 Choosing to make our move at night or during the day
- 26:10 Explaining the decision system from Telltale games
- 28:35 Duck or Shawn?
- 36:10 Making our way to town to meet our new motley crew
- 40:55 Giving the lay of the land (Everett Pharmacy and the Motel)
- 42:20 The first really rough scene and how we tie it back to our family
- 44:20 Side with Larry or Kenny?
- 51:30 Giving her the gun or refusing to give her the gun
- 56:30 Jacob walks us through the final sequence of the game (Doug vs. Carley)
- 1:06:10 Our final thoughts on Episode 1
- November 18th: Pokemon Snap ft. Jacob, Moe and special guests Joseph Hooper and Arsene Lakpa
- December 2nd: Telltale’s The Walking Dead (S01E02) ft. Jacob, Moe and special guest Cam Hawkins
- December 16th: TBD feat. TBA (our final show of 2020)
DISCORD: The Left Behind Game Club is a monthly game club podcast with a focus on positivity & community. To talk to members of the community, join our Discord server!
TIP JAR: If you’re feeling generous and love the show, we have a PayPal tip jar! Any funds raised will go towards hosting our site and paying for games and equipment as we look to bring you higher quality content every month.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More