We died thousands of times in Cuphead.
Developer: StudioMDHR | Publisher: StudioMDHR| Release Date: September 29, 2017
Jacob, Mike and special guest Shane Chiasson make a deal with the devil, roll the dice, hold down “X” for many hours and get frustrated by the youth.
Join our Discord server! Go to LeftBehindGame.Club and scroll down to the Discord section of the homepage! If you love the show, please consider a review on iTunes. It helps a lot.
Players: Jacob McCourt (@JacobMcCourt) and Michael Ruffolo (@ruffolom)
Special Guests: Shane Chiasson (@chiassoo; check out his YouTube channel)
Website: LeftBehindGame.Club | Twitter: @LeftBehindClub | Instagram: @LeftBehindGameClub
Show Notes (spoilers):
- 2:00 What system did you play Cuphead on?
- 2:30 Re-mapping the controls [Cuphead tips: How to fix the controls (Polygon)]
- 3:40 Shout-out to old cartoons (Betty Boop, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes)
- 4:45 Cuphead and many E3s
- 6:00 Shout-out to Bendy and the Ink Machine and a Zombie Walt Disney
- 6:25 Mike makes us feel old with his “Cuphead Cousin” and Jacob rage quits life
- 8:00 Boss Run/Boss Rush games that we have played (shout-outs to Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Castle Crashers and Mega Man X) & Studio MDHR’s influences
- 10:30 Did we like this game?
- 12:25 The game’s setup
- 13:50 Run & Gun and the “Simple” difficulty level
- 15:00 Power-up/weapon discussions and plane levels
- 20:20 Our brain solved the tough levels (Jacob enjoys punishment)
- 23:20 Back to power-up discussions
- 25:50 The moment Jacob realized that Cuphead is a good video game [Cuphead, Ruiner, and the joy of really hard games (Verge)]
- 32:30 We get to King Dice and breakdown this insane boss fight [Cuphead boss guide: King Dice in ‘All Bets Are Off’ (Polygon)]
- 35:10 Tipsy Troop, Chips Bettigan and Mr. Wheezy
- 37:20 Pip and Dot, Hocus Pocus and Phear Lap
- 40:10 Who died the most in Cuphead?
- 42:15 The Devil’s Choice
- 44:30 Would the game better with a Switch controller [Yup, Cuphead Is Better On the Switch. Here’s Why. (Paste Magazine)]
- 46:15 Pirouletta, Mangosteen and Mr. Chimes
- 50:45 Perfect dice parrying
- 52:40 The Devil and other boss talk
- 59:05 “It’s a real castle?” and Cuphead 2
- 1:00:25 Wrap-up
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More